Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Family History: Gramps Meets Grammies

While sitting in back of her at the Christmas contata, I thought to myself what beautiful long shiny blonde hair and lovely white skin. This was my first impression of Mazie. I had just been discharged from the Navy and made it home just in time for Christmas 1945. Having a keen military eye for a trim ankle, I soon noticed that her five feet three inch frame was filled out very nicely with about 35 23 35 dimensions. She was dressed in a black dress which was sheer at the arms and neck. Her tiny nose appeared to have a slight bump just below the nose-piece of her glasses and she had clear bluish-green eyes and a mouth with full nicely shaped lips. Most of the audience enjoyed the Contata but I can't remember much about it, but I do remember the first impression of Mazie was very pleasant and enjoyable. About a week later I saw her on the corner of where the town hall now stands. She was standing with a group of girls and was wearing a bright green knee length dress. She seemed to be quite lively and I notice that she had exceptionally pretty legs. A Short time after that I saw her up in the balcony of the gym at a basketball game between Green River and Rock Springs. I don't remember how she was dressed but I got a good look at her face and found it to be wholesome refined and very pretty. For the next few months I didn't see her very often and then Orlo came home from the Navy and dated Lita and one night asked me to double date with them. From then on Mazie and I went different places together for the balance of the year until I went to the University of Wyoming in September. The thing I remember about those few intervening months were that Mazie and I would get into discussions about Orlo and Lita. I thought Lita was a silly flippity little girl and Mazie thought that Orlo was a spoiled brat. We were both right but while we were having small heated discussions about Lita and Orlo, they were out in my car having a good time dancing and going to movies and doing the things the majority of young people did in those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment